Engaged by God in a Living Faith; at home, at church, and in the world.
Having been claimed by God in the waters of baptism and blessed with God's grace we are gifted with a never-ending relationship. Following God’s action the rest of our existence is a journey of continuous interaction with a God who nurtures and shapes us to become God's children. This relationship fulfills our yearning to know and be known by our creator.
As you seek to connect with God in faith, we as a church wish to lift up seven elements, or seven ways you can be engaged in a Living Faith.
- Studying Scripture
- Sharing God’s Story
- Acts of Service & Justice
- Building Spiritual Friendships
- Stewardship of our Life and Resources
Gethsemane as a congregation has made a dedicated effort to help you grow in each of these areas. We want you engaged in a life of faith and have tried to structure our programs and ministry offerings to help you do that.
We also recognize that the majority of your faith life will be lived outside the walls of our church. Please make prayer a part of your daily life. Consider every action you do an act of serving God. Turn to God’s word to help sustain you and guide you in your walk of faith. Use the gifts God has given you for the good of all. As St. Francis of Assisi once said, "Preach the gospel at all times. If necessary, use words."
Elements of a Living Faith resources available on the website.
A four part Sermon series
- Elements of a Living Faith: part 1
- Elements of a Living Faith: part 2
- Elements of a Living Faith: part 3
- Elements of a Living Faith: part 4
Articles about the Elements of a Living Faith
- The Sermon series by Pastor John
- The Elements by Pastor John
- Studying Scripture by Pastor Laurie
- Bible Study by Bev Paterson
- The Stewardship of Our Life and Resources by Gethsemane's Pastors
- Steps to Living Faith through your Stewardship by Gethsemane's Pastors
- The Point of Worship by Pastor John
- Stewardship of Life and Resources by Pastor Laurie Eaton
- Acts of Service and Justice by Pastor John
- Living Lives of Service and Justice by Pastor John
Julie Lindstrom's story of inspiration as she created the wonderful images we are using to reinforce the Elements.